Followers

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Got any grapes?

G'day!

So this is kind of a random post. A bit of something and nothing as another blogger says. (No link inserted to stop raising questions).

My thought of the day is: 'Is it ok to flirt for fun?'

I personally think its all fun and games until somebody gets hurt. In the hospitality industry some people can be extra helpful flirt for tips (here in Australia we don't have a compulsary tipping system) and it can sometimes be a bit of a sport between bar staff. I really cant flirt with women (who would want to) unless they are like really old and its not really flirting its just being cute and adorable lol.

Since coming out I can feel relaxed in my own skin and am now discovering that I kinda like flirting with the same sex. There is this one guy who isn't a customer but isn't a co-worker (its a long story) he's kinda cute if you justify a few things in your head. I know he's gay so that helps. I dunno what I'm doing because I'm not sure if I have intentions to take anything further or not. But I'm really enjoying the flirting but I think its at the point where it needs to stop before someone (he) gets hurt. The other day he offered to "give me a drink" as opposed to "buy me a drink" not really sure if it means the same thing.

**********************************************

Ok so its a little far in advance but DID YOU KNOW:

AT 5 MINUTES AND 6 SECONDS AFTER 4 A.M., ON THE 7TH OF AUGUST, THIS YEAR, THE TIME AND DATE WILL BE: 04:05:06 07-08-09

THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN UNTIL THE YEAR 3009!!!

(I had a deep feeling that you just needed to know this)

Aren't you glad you read my blog?

*******************************************

Also I thought I would share 'The Duck Song'. I love this video. It's pretty random but quacks me up. Get it 'quacks'. Oh dear I'm so lame.

P.S. This is the first video I have embeded. It was surprisingly easy but its kinda too big. Whoops.







Hugs

Andrew

9 comments:

Sethy said...

I have made a career of flirting lol...

I guess as long as the flirtee is made aware at some point that nothing is really going to happen, it actually makes it more fun because it can become a really cool game, and boundaries can be pushed a little.

Have fun :)

Baz said...

Well, haven't we just come round in one big circle?!!!!

Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

There's no doubt, Andrew, that many women feel safer with guys they know are gay and so will flirt, pretty certain there'll be nothing serious come of it.

Other guys probs need to be gay or at least relaxed and confident about their own sexuality!

Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Hey Andrew,

We here in the states already had out 04:05:06 07/08/09

but that is only because for some reason we put the month first then the day and then the year. It does not make a lot of sense logically, only in syntax because Americans say July 8th, 2009 instead of 8th of July 2009. Anyway, they also made a big deal out of the fact that it was 12:34:56 7/8/09 But i digress.

As for flirting, I am guilty of flirting or at least being playful with just about every one. It can get you in to a bit of trouble with the straight guys but if you do it right it just comes off as silly or playful

cvn70 said...

Andrew

Flirting is ok but your right be careful where it leads too

and as Jon pointed out because we use different date systems we had 123456789 today as you are aware & it was just ok though nothing really special

take care and be safe

bob

Gauss Jordan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gauss Jordan said...

It's funny you mentioned flirting with women...

I was out shopping for some new cookware (high quality stainless steel, restaurant grade stuff) and wandered into the outlet store for some brand.

I explained to the woman (young, roughly my age, nice, polite) what I was looking for, and then started piecing together what I wanted... as I was checking out, I realized that my little jokes and polite conversation had accidentally turned into flirting with her when she mentioned she was single, and had just moved here, and didn't know anyone! She even offered to help me carry my stuff out to my car (on the far, far side of the shopping center!).

She did save me about $150, lol.

I was sort of amused.

Anonymous said...

Flirt man, its great fun, and its completyly harmelss. Most of the time,m
Thanks for teh plug by the way.
LOL

Ian said...

Not that I have much experience with flirting or being flirted with, but it seems everyone has different expectations about flirting. Some people think it's harmless fun, other people take it to mean something.

The problem is when the flirter thinks it's harmless and the flirtee thinks it's serious. That's not going to end well.

If you're a bartender I think it's commonly understood that flirting with the customers does not mean much. Elsewhere, I'm not really sure what to tell you.